Monday, June 12, 2017

Is Tony Romo a Hall of Fame player?

There was some talk when Tony Romo retired, that he is a Hall of Fame caliber quarterback. Well to me that is crazy talk. Tony Romo was a good NFL quarterback but he is not worthy of being in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

While I was a Cowboys fan as a kid I stopped pulling for them when Tom Landry was fired. I neither pull for or against the Cowboys so I can look at Tony Romo without bias. Tony Romo put up some fine stats with the Dallas Cowboys.

Romo completed 2,829 of 4,335 passes with a 65.3 career completion rate, 34,183 passing yards and 248 touchdowns. Romo only threw 117 NFL interceptions. Tony Romo had good NFL stats but he was seldom if ever considered an elite NFL quarterback at the top level of his position.


I don't think the lack of a Super Bowl appearance for Tony Romo is the only reason he should not be in the Hall. Though if Tony Romo had a ring it would be easier to say, yes vote him in there. Tony Romo photo By Summertx of flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/summertx/954976489/, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2595682

No comments:

Post a Comment